Tournaments are one of the most interesting formats of a rummy game on the internet. Anyone who registers on a rummy platform can join a tournament play. A certain level of expertise is required to ace tourneys. These games are usually played for a cash reward. There could be freeroll tournaments, where you do not have to pay buy-in amount. This is for newly registered members usually.
What is Rummy Tournament and Why to Play it?
If you to make the most of your time spent on the internet, play rummy online, as it is the most interesting card game that you can learn this game within minutes. You can practice often to improve your gaming techniques, learn the tricks, etc. After attaining rummy knowledge, you can take part in tournaments.
- Tourneys consist of rounds. Winner of each rummy round progress to the next.
- The last round is the grand finale. Whoever wins this round is the winner. The winners receive the promised cash prize.
- Thus, these are different than cash or regular rummy games, where no rounds are involved.
Here are top signs of a pro-rummy tourney player, see if you are one of those.
- Understands the Types of Rummy Tournaments
An experienced card game player understands the types of tourneys and how to play those. If you are new to the card game, then you should play practice online rummy game to improve your game-play, as tackling tourneys will require you to be well-versed with the gaming tricks and techniques. On the internet, these games are played on auto-play mode so that if someone fails to join after registration or due to network issue, then the player can rejoin later.
Tournaments are either time based or round based.
- In the former, the players need to complete the game within a specified time.
- In the latter, number of deals will be fixed, and until these are completed, the players cannot move to the next round.
- Knows the Essentials of a Cash Tourney
The total number of seats available in an online rummy tourney is based on the number of participants.
- Seats: Each table can accommodate maximum of 6 players. You can be seated at any of these tables and allocated a fixed number of chips. Winner of the game will win rummy chips that are lost by the losing players, as per the points they score.
- Time Limit: Every player will get 30 seconds to play his/her turn. If you cannot make a move in this timeframe, the Indian rummy session will continue, or you shall be put in a waiting line. If you miss three consecutive turns, then you can be eliminated from the tournament.
- Ranking: Once pre-decided number of deals is over, you will receive a rank as per the number of chips. A player who has the highest number of chips gets the first rank. He/she proceeds to the next round and plays against winners from other tables. Thus, your goal must be to get maximum chips as possible.
- Is Aware About the Distribution of the Winnings
To play uninterruptedly, download rummy app for best experience. In case if the game is cancelled due to any reason, then you will get refund of buy-in. A person who is aware of tourneys does not have false expectation of the winning amount, which is based on total amount of buy-in and participating members.
If two players have the same amount of points in the finale, then the winnings will be divided as follows:
- If both receive first rank, then the 1st and 2nd prize amount is totalled and equally divided among them. The same is followed for those tied on 2nd The process of dividing prize money equally follows by combining the amount for the 2nd and 3rd position, and henceforth.
- The 2nd and 3rd rankers will receive the winning amount as that designated for the 3rd and 4th position, and henceforth.
As understood, an expert card gamer must be aware of rummy rules as well as the techniques to win tournaments. It is recommended that you go through the terms and conditions and other indications of a tourney before taking part in the same. Enter the tournament at the start time so as to not miss out on the game.